Complaints Handling Procedure
Should you wish to Log a formal complaint then please see the advice below:
- A complaint will need to be made over the telephone, in writing or via email in respect of any claims management service we have provided that is regulated under The Compensation Act 2006.
- You may be requested to complete a short complaint form in order for the complaints and compliance manager to assess and investigate your complaint.
- We reserve the right to decline a complaint that is made more than six years after the event or three years after the client became aware of the cause for complaint. There may be instances where we will waive this requirement at our discretion. We will confirm to the client in writing if a complaint has been made outside the time that we are prepared to consider.
- We will send the client a written or electronic acknowledgment of a complaint within 5 working days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint for the business. Wherever possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint.
WITHIN 4 WEEKS:
A final response which adequately addresses the complaint or a holding response which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you.
WITHIN 8 WEEKS:
A final response with adequately addresses the complaint or a response which:
- Explains why we are still not in the position to make a final response giving reasons for the delay and indicating how to expect to be able to provide a final response
- Informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Claims Management regulator if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
Where we decide that a redress is appropriate we will provide the client with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
If the client is not satisfied with our response or if a complaint is not resolves after 8 weeks the client may refer their complaint to The Legal Ombudsman. The client may refer the complaint within 6 months of the business final decision letter.
Address: Legal Ombudsman
PO BOX 6806
Tel: 0121 245 3100